As their name suggests, industrial and technological languages are those which are used by professionals from the different sectors of industry and technology (footwear, textile, natural stone, tinned food, toys, tourism, transport, trade, etc.). Although these languages are obviously part of the common core of a language, they differ not only for terminological reasons but also for reasons of rhetoric and (written and oral) communicative strategies. These communicative strategies materialise in what is known in linguistics as professional genres, marked by linguistic and cultural conventions such as linguistic and social politeness. The two most salient aspects of industrial languages are normalised terminology and communicative strategies. We approach the study of these aspects from a dual perspective:
1. Sentential (Systematisation of terms and concepts)
2. Supra-sentential (professional genres and communicative strategies).
b) LANGUAGE OF THE FORUM
In a society where Law is omnipresent in the regulation of human rights and the multiple relations between the Administration and citizens, a new epistemological sub-specialised field has emerged: forensic linguistics, constituted by the following aspects:
1. The analysis of oral discourse;
2. The analysis of the stylistic features in the written discourse (graphology and corpus linguistics);
3. The linguistic interpretation to retrieve the right sense of legal texts.
C) THE LANGUAGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES
This line has meant a development within the field of Clinical language, started in the previous years. This field of study revolves around two areas:
1. The study of the language of pharmacy (terminology and communicative strategies).
2. The study of the doctor-patient language, both in psychological matters and in those which affect the so-called ordinary voice and related pathologies with phonetic reflection; the discipline that studies these issues is also called Clinical Linguistics.
D) THE LANGUAGE OF THE ENVIRONMENT
Working inside the UA Technological Park and coinciding with the inauguration next September of the photovoltaic plant sponsored by Unión FENOSA, CAM and the UA, our research group wishes to research on three concepts: a) the environment; b) energy and c) sustainability. This research focuses on three directions:
1. Sentential (the study of English, Spanish and Catalan lexis)
2. Supra-sentential (the study of communicative strategies)
3. Professional protocol systems
E) THE LANGUAGE OF LEISURE
The IPA research group continues doing research on the epistemological area of leisure, a fundamental activity in the economic and social reality of the region of Valencia. Thus, the study of this activity is indispensable through its discourses. This line of research involves two directions:
1. Sentential (through the study of its terms and concepts and their systematic representation)
2. Supra-sentential (through the analysis of communicative strategies, stylistic, dialectal and social features, linguistic and cultural conventions, professional genres, etc.).