Welcome to the new collection of IULMA-UV Dictionaries. We invite researchers in Applied Linguistics to send us their proposals. Here is the basic information about this collection.
Our collection aims to publish lexicographic works which fulfil one or some of the following aspects:
- Highly innovative works in any aspect, whether macro-structural or micro-structural.
- Works which gather lexical materials with little or no presence in the most usual dictionaries or which do not find a place in the most common dictionaries.
- Works concerning languages scantily represented in the current lexicographical scene, always in connection with the working languages of IULMA.
Thematic lines of publication, with an applied perspective
We suggest here, as for guidance, some lexicographical proposals which our collection would be interested in publishing:
- Bilingual dictionaries of languages with limited dissemination.
- Specialised dictionaries in scarcely addressed disciplines.
- Dictionaries of specific lexical categories: phrases, verb types, particles, acronyms, abbreviations, affixes, geonyms, etc.
- Dictionaries of collocations.
- Dictionaries restricted to lexis with diaphasic or diastratic variation.
- Samples or previews of unpublished innovative dictionaries.
- Lexicons of frequencies.
Unless otherwise indicated, all these works can be monolingual, bilingual or multilingual.
Subject languages of the dictionaries: any.
Language of presentation of the dictionaries: Spanish, Catalan, English, French, German, Italian.
Periodicity: We will publish one dictionary per year. However, the Scientific Committee reserves the right to propose the publication of more dictionaries if there are sufficient quality indicators among the sent proposals.
Periods: We will rigorously respect the order of arrival of the proposals for their evaluation and possible publication. The submission period for proposals is open during the whole year. The Editorial Board will evaluate the proposals in September. The publication of the dictionary is expected around November.
Authorship and publishing criteria: At least a 75% of authors of collective works will be no members of IULMA. Likewise, in the case of individual works, at least three out of four publications will correspond to external authors or editors.
Dissemination: The format will be exclusively digital and its publication and diffusion will be in charge of the University of Valencia Publication Services (PUV).
- Diccionarios IULMA: carta de presentación (ES)
- IULMA Dictionaries: presentation letter (EN)