There are three general objectives of this Official Master’s Degree:
- Objective 1: Education and professional training to work in European contexts and in companies and institutions related to following spheres: law, business, science and technology, medicine and science health, tourism and leisure.
- Objective 2: Interculturality and mobility. The program has an international dimension, since English and Spanish are studied in most EU countries as second languages, and twelve foreign universities have expressed their commitment to the program.
- Objective 3: Research and creation of new knowledge within the interdisciplinary study of specialized languages. The students gain advanced training in research techniques and creation of new knowledge within the interdisciplinary study of specialized languages.
Students registered in the Official Postgraduate Program (POP) may attend courses to obtain:
- Official Master’s Degree in English and Spanish for specific and business purposes.
- Doctorate from the University of Alicante, within the Official Postgraduate Program in Modern Languages applied to Specialized Languages (English-Spanish)
Students who attend the Master’s Degree may develop following professional profiles:
- Profile 1: Linguistic Advisor in English and Spanish in contexts, businesses and institutions related to following spheres: law, business, science and technology, medicine and health sciences, tourism and leisure.
- Profile 2: Cultural Mediator in communicative situations and speech events among people of different societies and cultures, especially between speakers of Spanish and English, be they native or non-native speakers of those languages.
- Profile 3: Lexicographer and terminologist of specialized languages.
- Profile 4: Introduction to interdisciplinary research in the field of specialized languages. Doctorate: The main objective of the doctorate included in the Official Postgraduate Program is the advanced specialization of the PhD student in the techniques of research and creation of new knowledge within the interdisciplinary research and study of modern languages applied to specialized languages (English-Spanish).