Group of Support for Investigation in Language Variation Analysis
Giménez Moreno, Rosa (coordinator); Prado Alonso, José Carlos (secretary); Fernández Domínguez, Jesús; Ferrer Mora, Hang; Micó Romero, Noelia; Ramírez Polo, Laura; Ricart Vayá, Alicia; Sevilla Pavón, Ana
Their main goals include:
- To go deeply into the definition of the fundamental parameters of study and analysis of language variation and into the elements that play a role in the present use of English and other major languages, such as German or Spanish.
- To research on the different parameters of language variation changing in everyday conversations, from the family to the professional environment.
- To approach language variation phenomena from Corpus Linguistics and from other diverse fields of study of human communication, by contrasting progresses and results between languages.
- To design methodologies for the study of language variation, useful for the search and detection of distinctive features that shed light on definition and typology of its parameters of analysis, and also to design relevant practice for learning and mastering them, especially at the social and the professional level.
The three main research areas that all group members share are:
- Language Variation
- Contrastive linguistics
- Corpus Linguistics
Besides, owing to their diverse research interests, the team studies language variation from the following perspectives:
- Didactics and Acquisition of Modern Languages
- Analysis of the Communicative Genre
- Academic and Research Communication
- Intercultural Communication
- Professional Communication (Business, legal, press, bio sanitary, etc.)
- Contrastive Politeness
- Descriptive Studies
- Digital Resources
- Cognitive Linguistics
- Forensic Linguistics
- Interpersonal Metadiscourse
- Discourse Pragmatics (Pragmalinguistics)
- Rhetoric and Stylistics
- English syntax
- Translation technologies
- Discourse technologies
- Terminology applied to translation
- ICT in the study and education of the language variation
- Translating humour in audiovisual genres.
- Professional Translation.