3rd INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE “ENTRETEXTOS”
CALL FOR PAPERS
“Discourse genres, corpus and translation in professional and academic contexts. Challenges and opportunities in the digital age”
UNIVERSITY OF ALICANTE, SPAIN
28-30 OCTOBER 2020
The IULMA (Interuniversity Institute of Applied Modern Languages) Research Institute is pleased to announce the forthcoming 3rd International Conference EnTRetextos, to be held at the University of Alicante (Spain) in October 28-30, 2020.
The previous EnTRetextos Conferences have undertaken the analysis of the translation of specialized discourses (Valencia, 2016) and the multidisciplinary quality of the research in specialized discourses, as well as the global vision towards these discourses (Castellón, 2018).
Historically, numerous research studies have attempted to explore the three main components that characterize EnTRetextos Conferences: (a) discourse and discourse genres; (b) the study and application of specialized corpora; and (c) specialized translation. These three main research areas have undergone far-reaching changes in recent years, which have been particularly boosted by the introduction of the digital domain in the studies and professions related to specialized discourse. Therefore, this 3rd EnTRetextos Conference aims to bring together specialists in the three aforementioned areas to exchange and share their research on specialized discourse, but with a special emphasis on how the digital age has made an impact on both the quality of the research and the attributes of the specialized discourse under analysis.
We are grateful to the following keynote speakers who kindly accepted our invitation:
- Giovanni Parodi, Pontifical Catholic University of Valparaíso
- Carmen Sancho Guida, Technical University of Madrid
- Jan Chovanec, Masaryk University.
- Mª Ángeles Orts Llopis, University of Murcia
The EnTRetextos 2020 Organizing Committee invites and encourages researchers to send proposals related to the three aforementioned EnTRetextos topics and/or dealing with any of the following panels:
- Languages for professional and academic purposes.
- Specialized translation: teaching, research and profession.
- Discourse analysis: specialized genres, multimodality, discursive communities…
- New technologies applied to the study of genres, corpus and specialized translation.
- Corpus linguistics and its application in professional and academic languages.
- Teaching professional and academic languages.
- Terminology and terminography.
The following paper categories are welcome:
- Papers: dealing with some of the topics listed above or any topic related to them;
- Research in progress. Researchers are invited to submit current projects which are either at the proposal stage or are work in progress; and
- Roundtables. The Programme Committee invites topical subjects to be proposed for discussion. In the first instance, an abstract describing the proposed topic and participants should be submitted.
Each participant can propose up to a maximum of two proposals in Spanish, English, French or Valencian from January 13 to April 30, 2020 (deadline). Guidelines for the submission of proposals are available at:
Proposals must be submitted through the EasyChair platform:
Please make sure you select the topic that best suits your proposal. The notification of acceptance will be sent on May 30th, 2020.
A selection of the papers presented at the EnTRetextos 2020 Conference will be published by a prestigious publishing company, as a special issue in a prestigious journal and a compilation of chapters in a book format. Papers are expected to be reviewed through double-blind refereeing, and their contribution should comply with the interests of publishers and the specific topics of the Conference, and need to be agreed in consultation with the publishers. Further information will be provided in due course.
We thank you for distributing this call for papers to all researchers and colleagues who might be interested in this EnTRetextos Conference.
We look forward to your proposal and will be happy to welcome you in Alicante in October 2020.
The EnTRetextos 2020 Organizing Committee